Sign up for roaming:
- To use your phone abroad for roaming, you need to do an online transaction, such as ordering a new SIM-card, signing up for MyLebara, topup or buying a product. As soon as you have made one of the above transactions, we will activate the roaming service on your number within minutes.
- It is free to sign up for roaming.
- Roaming usage are deducted from your prepaid balance, when you use your phone abroad. We recommend that you sign up for Automatic top up.
- Automatic top up means that your number will be topped up automatically, as soon as your balance go below the defined threshold set during signup.
You can find the current roaming rates here.
Customers with an active prepaid package can use either 4, 6 or 8 GB data in EU from their packages. To learn more about our prepaid packages, see here.
Sign up for automatic top up and roaming on MyLebara
Using Your Phone Abroad:
- When you use your mobile phone abroad, you are using one of the local mobile operators with which Telenor has a roaming agreement. In any country where Telenor has more than one partner operator, you can choose which operator you want to use. When you are abroad, you will see the name of the foreign operator on the display of your phone. You can find out how to select operator manually in your phone’s user guide.
- Please note: Telenor does not have roaming agreements with all operators in all countries.
- To be able to use your phone abroad, particularly when travelling to a different continent, you must make sure that your mobile can use the frequency of network used in that country. If you have a smartphone you should not experience any issues but if your phone is a few years old or is a basic model you may wish to check this beforehand. If you travel outside Europe the minimum requirement should be a so-called ‘triband’ phone.