A SIM SWAP means that your current Lebara cellphone number gets transferred from your current SIM to a 4G-ready SIM. Also, your credit will be transferred.
Via the link below, you can apply for transferring your current Lebara phone number to your new 4G-ready SIM. After we received your request, we will transfer your phone number and credit to your new SIM within 2 working days.
This is how it works:
- Step 1: Click on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Step 2: Fill out your phone number and the SIM number of your new 4G-ready SIM.
- Step 3: Put your new 4G-ready SIM in your device and activate the card by calling 1244.
- Step 4: Text USIM to 8800. You will receive another code to fill out.
- Step 5: Remove the new SIM from your device and put the old SIM with the phone number you want to transfer back in the device.
- Step 6: Fill out the cellphone number you would like to transfer.
- Step 7: Text SWAP to 8800 with your old SIM and the phone number you want to transfer. You will receive a code that you will have to fill out.
Put your old SIM back into your device. It will take two working days before the new SIM will be ready to use. Until then, you can use your old SIM.
During the transfer period, your old SIM will of course keep working. Your old SIM will stop working as soon as the transfer is completed. Then, simply remove the old SIM and put the new one in your device. We recommend to destroy your old SIM after the transfer has been completed.
Our tip: copy your contact details from your old SIM to your device or new SIM before applying the SIM Swap.
Apply here for SIM Swap.
Haven’t ordered a 4G-ready SIM-card yet? Please order one here.